Sunday, October 28, 2007

Basteroid - More like BASSteroid

I can only assume that Basteroid is a combination of the words bastard and asteroid, which both have a grand significance in my life. Quick story: my parents had me about 4 years before their wedding - bastard; asteroid - the only game they had at the sub shop where they met in Chicago. More importantly, Basteroid is Sebastian Riedl who brings the bass so hard that it literally upsets populations of ducks. So fittingly his long player is titled Upsets Ducks out on Cologne label Areal. 'Un Dos Windows' clocks in at 9:36, but if you have the patience it is so rewarding. It starts off calm but then Riedl kills you, innervating all your bouncing parts until he drops it back down at around the 6:30 mark only to hit you with a barrage of bass that will once again smooth out. Downright splendid and bleepy. 'I Want To 3 4' begins in a similar fashion but doesn't let up - minimalist? I say maximalist. Check out some other goodies from the album on his myspace:



Basteroid - Un Dos Windows


Basteroid - I Want To 3 4

1 comment:

Karl said...

i've been listening to this in my car lately, its got some good tracks on it.