Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Shawn Khan's Off the Wall Mix

                                   Photo: Shana

When I was around 4 all I would listen to was Michael Jackson and I would dance and dance. That same year I went to Pakistan for the first time and had my Aqeeqa, which, in Islam, is a celebration of the birth of a child. It is supposed to be done on the 7th day after birth, but that was my first visit there and you can't really sacrifice a goat in the United States. My uncle sacrificed two goats before the party, which served as a thank you to God for giving my parents such a blessing of a child (haha). So the party began and I was supposed to do a dance to a Michael Jackson song in front of a ton of people (the whole town was there: friends, relatives, and the poor - 1/3 of the meat must be given to charity), but I chickened out because I was shy. The only thing else I remember about that day was that I got so much money! I was even wearing a vest made out of money!


'Heater' reminds me of my first time in Mexico and the life that that country breathes. There's always music in the air, people dancing and having a good time. They know how to enjoy life. That is what I want this mix to express - just being 'Off the Wall', not having any worries and enjoying yourself and just dancing.


ok ok enough about me here's the mix:


Off the Wall Mix


one. Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
zwei. M.A.N.D.Y. vs Booka Shade - Body Language (Tocadisco Remix)
drei. Matthias Tanzmann - Nip Slip
four. Dragonette - I Get Around (Van She Vocal Mix)
cinq. Yelle - A Cause de Garçons (TEPR Remix)
sechs. Boys Noize - & Down
nana. Thom Yorke - The Eraser (Satoshi Tomiie Reconstruction)
åtta. The Field - The Little Heart Beats So Fast
nine. The Rapture - I Need Your Love (Ewan's Stay In School Mix)
ten. Gameboy/Gamegirl - Sweaty Wet/Dirty Damp (G.L.O.V.E.S. Remix)
onze. M83 - Run Into Flowers (Midnight Fuck Remix by Jackson)
zwölf. Armand van Helden - Playmate (Jesse Rose Remix)
dertien. 2000 and One - Work (Late Nite NYC Edit)
fjorton. Studio - Life's A Beach! (Todd Terje Beach House Mix)
fünfzehn. Samim - Heater

1 comment: