Saturday, October 27, 2007

Studio, or More Awesomeness from Sweden: The World Capital of Amazing


If Studio is anything to go by, Sweden is just too awesome, and you should probably pack your bags and go live there. Unfortunately, ridiculous generalizations about a place based solely on great music tend to fall apart under close scrutiny, so I'll just conveniently pretend it's a utopian snow-paradise-winter-wonderland kind of thing where quality music flourishes and all else falls by the wayside. If you haven't heard Studio, then you're really missing out, and you're doubly shamed because that means you also missed the Baby Shower, where I played their fantastic track, Origin (Shake You Down By the River) from their Yearbook LP and their West Coast LP, both utterly fantastic albums. But don't despair friends! Another Baby Shower (appropriately titled Baby Shower II) is happening in Pensacola as you can see in the little sidebar over there.

Until then, enjoy these fucking awesome remixes by Studio:


Kylie Minogue - 2 Hearts (Studio Remix)


Rubies - The Keys (Studio Remix) (this mp3 is lower quality, but I just had to post it. Its so beautiful, and the bassline makes me happy in a way I thought only Kim Deal could.)

Enjoy!

Studio's label is Information, and I really encourage everyone to buy their stuff, not only because their cover art is perfect in its simplicity, but because I'm poor and I'd love to come over to your house and drool on a vinyl copy of the West Coast LP.

No comments: