Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful For Music

Even though I'm still feeling down and I miss her for some reason, I still have plenty to be thankful for. I'd be lost without my family, friends, and music. I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving. Matt's feast looks delicious - here is what's cooking in my kitchen (buy some of these records instead of buying a bunch of stuff on friday that you don't really need):

Much better than her Blondie LP - Michaela Dippel is really evolving into something special and so is Areal.



Ada - Barren Space [Areal]


Pan-O-Rama is a terrific long player and includes many gems such as this one.



Pan-Pot - Crank [Mobilee]


You can always expect great things from James Holden. The ending really gets me going counteracting the tryptophan. I found this track at the wonderful Random Circuits.



Avus - Fancy Arse (James Holden's Sunday Night Extension) [Perc Trax]


Complex and spacey. I love the tapping of the woodblock. I believe it is a woodblock anyway.



Ruede Hagelstein - Der Kammbläser [Lebensfreude]


Recently featured on Deadset's podcast for Resident Advisor and Ewan Pearson's Fabric 35 this track will really get you swingin' and groovin'.



Johannes Heil - All For One (Tobi Neumann's Swinging Remix) [Klang]

4 comments:

Karl said...

nice post! pan-pot's album is easily one of the best of the year, soooo great. i've been listening to it in my car almost nonstop.

Anonymous said...

almost anything beats trying to find a jam on the radio these days

Anonymous said...

if only more places sounded like this, more often

Shawn Khan said...

thank you for the nice comments