Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Burial


Burial's new album is generating so much buzz I doubt he'll remain an anonymous London dubstepper for much longer. I hate to join the, erm, hype machine, but he has made some really great tracks, and there's no denying that. The best of his new album tempers the hyper-dramatic swooning vocals with murky dubbed-out effects, while keeping the beat straightforward enough to keep my interest. I think his more atmospheric, beatless stuff works better in a certain altered state, if you know what I mean.

Here are my favorites from the new LP, Untrue [hyperdub]:


Burial - Archangel


Burial - Untrue

check out his myspace here

5 comments:

Luis said...

Love it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

"Burial sucks"? good lord. get that man a new pair of ears.

i dont think burial will reveal his identity - he'd have done it long ago if he wanted too. he doesnt care of his music is a success - it's all for him. "he just likes making tunes"

Anonymous said...

burial... it's cool that you all really like him I wish I could but his stuff just sounds so boring to me...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree. I repeatedly listened to both his debut und Untrue, and i just cant get myself to like it, it sounds redundant.
If somebody could tell me what makes this great music I'd really appreciate. Btw, I dont want to start a trolling around, I'm sincerely interested to know what people hear in that music I just miss.

Anonymous said...

I agree.. boring.. and he gets alot of praise by my buddies. . But I dont care for his production